Wednesday, April 14, 2010



When I heard that there was going to be a Sex and the City movie in 2008, I was skeptical and annoyed that the creators were going to ruin the essence of the sitcom by trying to capture the best things about the show in a film. After seeing it (twice) I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was bigger, better and more sparkly than the show, but the characters remained the same lovable people.


A year or so later, a sequel was announce. At that, a very vaguely advertised sequel was announced. The original trailer for Sex and the City 2 was nothing more than the four ladies sauntering toward the camera in couture outfits. Two thoughts came to my mind:
1. The first movie was so popular that the producers did not need to reveal any of the plot in the second one to encourage people to see it.
2. The second movie is going to suck so much that producers want to use the name alone as an advertisement to maintain a fan base.

Then, about a week ago I saw an updated trailer. And let me tell you, I am like a moth drawn to a flame. Yes I admit it, I am a big SATC fan. After seeing this trailer, I can't wait to see what will happen. This is either a matter of great marketing or great producing/writing. I am hoping for the latter.



After watching that, here are the top 10 reasons I MUST see this movie:
1. The costume design!
2. Are Carrie and Big going to have a baby?
3. Who is Samantha's new man?
4. Have Miranda and Steve worked out their issues from the last m0vie?
5. Why does Miley Cyrus get a cameo?
6. AIDEN?! Ahh how I have missed him...
7. Will Carrie cheat on Big?
8. Is Stanford getting married? To whom? He totally deserves to be happy.
9. Will Charlotte poop her pants in this movie too?
10. Why are they going to Abu Dhabi of all places? (Although, I guess it does look pretty amazing.)


Call me shallow/pathetic for acting like I know these people personally. All I have to say is, you need to find cheap thrills from somewhere and this is one of my self-admitted vices.

-By Hannah Kramer

No comments: