Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fist Pumping to "Pants on the Ground"

I'm a sucker for reality TV. I know that most of it isn't actually reality, and yet, I still watch. And I absolutely adore it. But really, how could I not? These people are entertaining! Anyone who denies that hasn't watch American Idol or any recent show on MTV. Last week, America was introduced to General Larry Platt on season 9 of American Idol. His song, "Pants on the Ground," may be the greatest thing I've heard in quite some time.



If anyone told me they didn't cry or pee their pants from laughing so hard, I would so call them out on it. I would call them a liar, too, if they said they didn't watch to watch it again. I know people who have the song as the ring tone on their phone. Tons of people had the song's lyrics as a status on Facebook just minutes after Larry's fabulous debut. Like Simon said, the song is a hit. And did you see those dance moves?! Any 62-year old man that is able to do this is impressive-- very impressive. Another reality show that has made a hilarious impact on us reality show viewers is MTV's Jersey Shore.



If you know anyone who hasn't heard of Snooki or Fist Pumping, ask them how their trip overseas was because they obviously haven't been in the US for months. With the show's season finale set for tonight, guidos and guidettes have never been more popular. Jersey Shore has taken reality TV to a whole new level. I'm not sure if viewers watch for the random things the cast says and does or if they secretly want to be a member of the Jersey Shore.

Either way, the guidos and guidettes, along with General Larry Platt, prove to be entertaining. And I am going to continue to soak up the comical entertainment that puts a smile on my face-- and sometimes makes me shake my head in disbelief. Until something better comes along, you can catch me fist pumping like a champ to "Pants on the Ground."
-Josie Jones

No comments: