Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hassling Hasselbeck

Ok, who all saw today's episode of The View?? It was incredible.

In case you missed it, here's what happened: Comedian Kathy Griffins was on the show to promote her show "My Life on the D-List" (Bravo network) and got to talking about a little field trip she took to Wasilla, AK.

"When Sarah Palin was telling us that she should run the whole country the way she runs Wasilla, I just had to see for myself, and if you like crystal meth, you're gonna like Wasilla," Griffins said.

Politically conservative Hasselbeck just wasn't having it and retorted by saying, "You've said things about people here that are a) untrue and b) not so funny, so do you ever feel weird like coming here and sitting here and promoting things when you've said some stuff?"

Oh. snap.

In a 2008 interview with The Windy City Times, Griffins was quoted saying, "Elizabeth Hasselbeck has snowed American audiences into not knowing that she is a f***ing Survivor reject. I am sorry; I am going to listen to the political beliefs of someone who wore wacky scarves on Survivor?"


So what exactly did Kathy Griffins respond Hasselbeck with?
"This is what I live for, so bring it."

Suddenly The View had turned into an episode of Jerry Springer...and it was awesome! Maybe I'll have to tune in a little more often.
- Joann Bautista

No comments: