Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Fashion Don't


After watching the Victoria Secret fashion show last night, it made me realize that I probably shouldn't go for that second piece of chocolate that I'd been eye balling all night.

It made me sick to my stomach to watch this year's Angels walk the runaway, and yes unlike them I actually do have a stomach. While all the girls watching this are commenting on how unhealthily skinny all of the models look, the guys watching the show can't keep their eyes off of their chest. It shouldn't surprise me I know, but if that's what girls have to look like in order to get some attention, then count me out. I wouldn't be surprised if every one of those girls had some type of eating disorder. It's one thing to be in shape, but the Angels were scary skinny. I'd hate to see what happened to those of them who might have gained two pounds over Thanksgiving.

Aside from the girls bodies, the costumes were interesting this year. It seemed like super heroes and angel wings were the most consistent costumes throughout the show. They were gorgeous don't get me wrong, but it wasn't exactly the typical lingerie that someone would buy at Victoria Secret. Obviously, these were strictly for the runway.

Musical performances by Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj, and the duo of Jay-Z and Kanye West added some more entertainment to the show.

It was worth taking an hour out of my night just to see what these girls looked like, but can someone please get them a hamburger?

-Sam Gentry

No comments: