Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Things I’ve Decided I Need for the Cold Weather Months

1. A Cape

Because, why not? I will feel like the ravishing and mysterious heroine of a beautiful and tragic French film. I will probably start wearing a lot of red lipstick and berets. Although, first I will need to learn how to place the beret in a jauntily askew way on top of my head. I don’t know how. And it will keep me toasty and be roomy, so even when I’m bloaty, I can still be ravishing and mysterious.


2. Furry Earmuffs

I’m thinking grey because for some reason I feel like that makes them less obnoxious.

It doesn’t really though. These do have headphones inside though, so maybe that gives them some cred...


3. A Cool Mug

I just realized that the only cool mug I own is my plastic Queen Amidala mug, and you can’t put plastic in the microwave.

I have a couple of mugs that I’ve painted at paint-your-own-pottery places, but they have sentimental value, so I don’t want to use them.

Maybe something like this:

To keep my drinks tough and toasty.


4. Roller Skates

This has nothing to do with the cold weather, but maybe winter is the perfect time to start training, so I can finally realize my dream of being a roller derby all-star.

Look for me roller skating around Iowa City in my cape and earmuffs, sipping coffee from my brass knuckle mug. I don't think I'll be too hard to find.

-Julia Jessen

No comments: