Saturday, November 3, 2007

i wanna be the minority

From an interview with Billie Joe Armstrong, in honor of Rolling Stone's 40th Anniversary:

What is it like being a middle-aged punk? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

I remember walking out of a gig in Chicago, past these screaming kids. There were these punks, real ones, sitting outside our tour bus. One girl had a forty-ouncer, and she goes, "Billie Joe, come drink with us." I said, "I can't, I've got my family on the bus." She goes, "Well, fuck you then." I get on the bus, and my wife says, "Did that bitch just tell you to fuck off? I'm gonna kick her ass right now." I'm holding her back, while my child is naked, jumping on the couch: "Hi, Daddy!" That was my whole life right there — screaming kids, punks telling me to fuck off, my wife getting pissed, my naked son waiting to get into his pajamas.

Guys, this is why I will always and forever, 110%, love Green Day beyond all reason. Also, Adrienne Armstrong. Still the best rock star wife/girlfriend ever, for my money.

Come out with another goddamn album, already!!

-Anna

No comments: