Thursday, November 8, 2007

Movie Addiction

So recently I've had a bit of a movie addiction... in the last week I've seen Saw IV, Dan in Real Life, and Michael Clayton.

Saw IV was brutal and gruesome, like the previous ones. Personally, I'm not a fan of scary movies and blood makes me a wee bit nauseous, but Saw IV was pretty decent as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen the third one and still didn't feel like I was missing much when viewing the fourth. I was, however, a little disappointed with the ending. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but I felt like the screen play writers just copped out or couldn't think of any other way to end the flick. I give Saw IV ***.

Dan in Real Life was a HUGE disappointment for me. I had eagerly anticipated the release of this romantic comedy, but now I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money. I cry in just about any movies (especially Bambi when the mom gets shot) and did not shed one tear. If you've seen the trailers for the movie it looks hysterical... but the trailers capture every funny line in the movie - that's it. And four minutes worth of humor is not enough to span an entire full-length feature. The plot was cute and the characters played their roles well, but overall it just wasn't enough. I give Dan in Real Life **.

My most recently attended movie was Michael Clayton, featuring George Clooney - and I loved it. Not only because I think George Clooney is the hottest man alive, but because the plot was so riveting. The movie did drag a bit of first, but it was necessary in order for the foundation to be laid for later parts of the movie. And, as the credits are rolling, George Clooney almost cries. I don't think I've ever seen him cry before. Enough of my middle-school-girl crush ramblings though. I recommend the movie. I give Michael Clayton ****1/2.

And... through tonight the theater at Coral Ridge Mall is having $4 and $4 popcorn/pop combos for their anniversary.

-Lauren

No comments: