Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fun with Craigslist

Finding the right apartment can be tough, especially when that apartment needs to be 800 miles away. I was faced with this dilemma when I learned that I would need to find a place to stay in Georgia for the summer, so I did what any tech-savvy 20 year old would do: I turned to Craigslist.

While I still haven't found a place to live, I did come across a couple amusing posts. After a little more research, I discovered that Craigslist has a "Best of..." list where users vote for posts that made them laugh. Whether these posts are meant to be taken seriously or simply the work of some creative minds, you might say that there's an art to crafting a truly hilarious Craigslist ad. Below are some of my favorites from my apartment search and from the "Best of Craigslist."


$600 Furnished room - great house- all utilities included- summer rental (Midtown/Ga Tech)

Date: 2011-03-26, 9:34PM EDT


8 people live in this three bedroom house. Bring your own mattress - we just put them on the floor. only one bathroom works but that's okay because most of us don't take showers.


Pets are welcome. we already have five dogs, seven cats, two piggies, and two python snakes. dont worry the snakes won't hurt you but they do eat a hamster occasionally yes we have a few hamsters and gerbils running aroud.


We all play in bands and like to make good music at all hours of the day and night.


420 friendly

  • Location: Atlanta

Looking for a beard mentor

Date: 2010-03-04, 3:40PM CST


I've had a moustache and beard off and on over the years, and I've tried styling it in the past but I just can't seem to get it to the next level. I'm looking for some srs protips with this, as well as possibly some styling services by someone with skilled hands. Please submit to me your beard/moustache resume. Also if you have pictures of you achievements that would be greatly appreciated.


I'm currently having trouble with getting my handlebar working correctly as well as keeping the sideburns even.


This is 'srs bsns' (serious business) as I've been informed I need to style it up, shave it off, or loose my job. (I work in adult daycare.)


• Location: Chicago



stomped on your fire, you choked on a biscuit

Date: 2010-02-21, 9:09AM CST


You: passed out on the grass after choking on a biscuit and slamming your car into a guardrail at Franklin and Harding

Me: driver of silver bug with 2 women in the car who stopped and put your car fire out.


It's been a bad month, so if you would get me a new fire extinguisher, I would appreciate it. Also don't eat while driving in the future, it's dangerous, as you discovered.

  • Location: Nashville, TN

Spacious Studio Igloo

Date: 2010-03-01, 8:10PM EST


Looking for a renter for a 70 square foot igloo (4' x 5' entrance tunnel, 4' radius living area.) An excellent choice for EMU art students as it is located right next to the Ford Building on Eastern's campus. Quiet neighborhood consisting mostly of squirrels. Heat, plumbing and electric not provided.


Water included (must be melted by occupant.)

Includes hole in roof for bonfires to prevent asphyxiation.

Neighborhood security provided free by campus police.


$200 a month OBO.


*Landlord not responsible for property melting.


• Location: Ann Arbor




Gong Ringer

Date: 2010-01-24, 5:26PM EST


Looking for someone to ring a gong in my living room when prompted. Part time position, I imagine mostly weekends. Experience not necessary, but history of gong-related ceremony in bloodline preferred. Serious inquiries only.

  • Location: Atlanta
-Riley Ubben

No comments: