Songs I'm obsessed with! As per usual! Let's hope people read it and weep!
Right now, I'm watching Wall-E (which is strangely not unlike 2001: A Space Odyssey), procrastinating going to work, and eating a lot of junk food, compliments of my mom's annual finals care package. Wall E is precious. Eve-a!
Songs to pass your finals to, or, Songs for Eve, OR, I finally updated my Facebook music interests after months of loving the same bands forever
• "Jungle Drum" — Emiliana Torrini (love the Icelandic songstresses)
• "Sleepyhead" — Passion Pit (such a catchy little ditty. everytime I play this song for someone they freak out and love it immediately)
• "If U Seek Amy" — Britney Spears (Ok, ok. So it's really cool to like Britney right now. I'm not going to feel guilty. Don't judge me.)
• "Fix Up, Look Sharp" — Dizzee Rascal ("ooooiiiii! I stay sweet as a nut, sweet like Tropicana, when the hammer hits, your head splits like a banana!".........best lyrics ever?)
• "Love Lockdown" — Kanye West (is there anyone who genuinely doesn't like Kanye? maybe. if so, they probably also don't like Wall-E.
• "White Diamonds" — Alela Diane (You hold that feather, sister. Her voice makes me melt. Like Wall E and Eve holding hands.)
• "Coffee" — Motel Motel (borderline too whiny...but it's a must-have on this playlist)
• "Brooklyn Go Hard" — Jay Z feat. Santogold (SUCH a bomb track.)
• "Gifted" — N.A.S.A. feat. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKA2HKKqZw&feature=related)
• "Everyone's At It" — Lily Allen
• "Gravity's Rainbow (Soulwax Remix)" — Klaxons (Can't believe I wasn't into these guys earlier.)
• "Mountains" — Biffy Clyro
• "Crush" — Jellyhead (Thank you so much, Ultimate Dance Party 1998! Age 12, welcome back! If you watch one video, make it this one. My favorite part is the lime green spandex jumper costume. I believe I once owned something similar.)
ACKKK! I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW. Eve and Wall-E are saving all the fat people and the theme song to 2001:A Space Odyssey is playing!!! The Dawn of Man! I knew it. I am so pleased with myself that I can catch that popular reference. This movie rocks. hehe. all the fat people with no bones are having issues trying to walk. Robots holding hands is so precious.
That's it, kids. Hope you pass your finals with this playlist. oh! Also, a few movie recommendations: Mr. Brooks, and Flatliners. Just....Netflix that shiz.
—Ann, who pledges to stop eating junk food....soon.