Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brit Brit's new tour!

I've been in a B.S. mood. Last night, I listened to her new album, Circus, for maybe two hours. Don't get me wrong, I think Britney is slightly psychotic (shaving her head, bashing an umbrella against a car window, letting her kids play with cigarettes, dropping her kids...shall I go on?) but I'll always turn in to her performances to see whether she's a hot mess or not. I feel bad for her in a way, because I feel like many of us enjoy criticizing her when she's clearly unhappy and in need of help. But at the same time, girl needs to learn how to control herself better. We share the same birthday, so I guess I'm always privately rooting for her. If I can afford it and depending on when she's in NYC, I would consider going to see her in concert.

Here is a sneak peek at a few of her rehearsals for her new tour. It appears as though she's wearing black nipple tassels, which I think are a tad inappropriate for a mother of two. But, I suppose wearing nipple tassels is a logical addition for a girl who "idolizes" Madonna. Also, it doesn't look like Brit is doing any radical dancing (or at least the kind that she could do before she birthed two kfeds). It seems like she's doing a lot of wiggling around, swerving, WALKING, and "praying" with her hands reaching towards the lights and begging for a cookie. I miss the days of the hardcore, hip hoppy, jazzy, stomach contracting moves. In her "stronger" video, girl works a cane AND a chair. In "oops...i did it again," she was quick and on point with movements that were robotic. she used to be able to execute each position with strength and pizazz in her dances. In the below video, her routines seem much more fluid and less determined or definitive. it's like she's making it up as she goes along...which in my book is a big, fat, DOWNGRADE. we want to see this momBritney become the oldBritney again, and that's why so many of us tune in to watch her perform...we YEARN for an oldBritney performance. oldBritney was the one with the rock hard abs, the strip teases, the kisses with Madonna, and the master of dancing with props. I think we are getting closer to seeing oldBritney again, because I read somewhere that the circus tour is planning on using lots of animals (elephants, lions, horses, etc) in the routines. BUT, oldBritney would never wear nipple tassels, and it looks like momBritney WEARS nipple tassels. Maybe this is a "two steps forward, one step back" kinda situation.


No comments: