Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tori Spelling, Will You Marry Me?

I’m kind of obsessed with Tori Spelling. I know what you’re thinking, probably the same thing as Chelsea Handler — she looks like a man and somebody needs to feed her a sandwich. Well, the second part may be true, but I think she’s hot and here’s why.

1. Donna Martin. In her own way, Donna Martin was my favorite character on Beverly Hills, 90210. In the earlier seasons, she was so innocent, so naïve. And that was entertaining. One of her biggest problems in the show was in desire to save herself until marriage. Why? Because her crazy mother told her to (and Mrs. Martin was crazy). Although people do say the virgin act was desirable for Donna because Tori’s real-life father father, Aaron Spelling, produced the show and didn’t want to see her slutting around like her West Beverly counterparts. Granted the virginity thing didn’t last too, long. That David sure was persuasive. But get this, she ends up marrying David, who was one of the hottest guys on the show. Who's ugly now, Chelsea? My favorite thing about Donna though was later on in the series when she dropped the innocent act and shacked up with guys, drank alcohol, and showed that she wasn’t as naïve as people thought. Love it.

2. The Tori and Dean reality shows. I love it. Who doesn’t want to see Tori and Dean opening up an Inn, having a baby, and running from the paparazzi? OK, truth — I know I’m a fan of Tori, but I don’t really get why she’s so hounded by the paps. Beverly Hills, 90210 was a long time ago. Anyway, Tori and Dean are so cute together. Forget the fact that Dean cheated on his first wife to be with Tori, they’re just so happy singing songs (remember the music video? I’m sad to say I was one of the people who thought it was precious), calling each other babe, and arguing about milk. And their kids, Liam and Stella, are damn cute, too. I think it’s neat watching Tori become a mom, and truthfully I’m just obsessed with reality T.V., and I like knowing random details about people’s lives. Did anyone else cry when Mimi La Rue died? Maybe it’s just me.

3. Her mom, Candy. I love that she’s feuding with Candy, because she got divorced, well, at least that’s my take on it. After Candy dished out (wait, Candy? What did she ever do? I thought Aaron was the one rolling in the money…) thousands of dollars for Tori’s wedding to Charlie Shanian who is apparently an actor, but I think it’s safe to say that he was most famous for being briefly married to Tori. Though if we’re being honest, she’s not that famous. If we’re still being honest, I totally don’t understand the feud, nor do I want to. There are some things I just don’t care to know. Either way it’s awesome that years later, they are still hating on each other. It’s even more awesome that when Candy was listing her family members, she left Tori out but included Liam. Because Liam just appeared out of nowhere.

4. She makes fun of herself. Exhibit A: Bravo’s A-list Awards. She’s funny. Need I say more? No.







Tori, will you marry me?

--Rachael (who wrote this post with a whole lot of feeling)

No comments: