Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why choose Uggs?


The other day I was walking to Burge with a friend from my spanish class. I happened to be wearing my gray sweater Uggs with my sweatpants tucked inside.
My friend looked down at my feet and asked, "Why do so many girls wear those? What's wrong with normal shoes?"
As I tried to convince him that not only are they the easiest shoe to put on, but they are also the most comfortable and not to mention warm, I started to think about his question,"Why do so many girls wear them?"
I don't think anyone is quite positive as to when the Ugg craze started, it just kind of did. It was a new trend that everyone was participating in, and if you didn't have them you were missing out on what some might call a shoe epidemic.
Sure they are comfortable and you don't have to deal with the hassle of tying shoe laces, but now that I think about it, the Ugg boot isn't a very good looking shoe. It's actually dare I say . . . ugly.
Of course, this won't stop me from wearing them and it won't stop people from buying the latest style, but it's something to think about. Will people ever realize that Uggs are actually an ugly shoe? Will this Ugg craze ever end?

-Samantha Gentry

No comments: