Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Journey of Music


There is one universal constant that makes the world go round specifically. That is music. No matter what is going on, whatever situation develops you can bet there is a song for it. From Patsy Cline's "Crazy" to Justin Timberlake’s "Sexy Back" music is an expression of life at its most human. It is a journey into the fleeting moment, which is how I came upon this gentleman named Kevin "B.F." Burt. These days most popularity "in the biz" as they call it is very much who is wearing what (or not wearing) is very fickle with no concern with true artistry, causing the listener to have an experience that draws you in to listen to that track again and again. My first allegiance is to rock, second to techno and the third slot I save for musical theater just because I’m partial to bursting into song.

Rhythm and Blues has never been on my radar. Listening to his rendition of “Crazy Love” I felt like I had somehow been transported back to a simpler time and place. Afterward Mr. Burt handed me his card, very simply I might add "to make my job easier." That action couldn't have been further from the truth. For me, my job was that much harder; because there is only so much one can say about music that takes you along for the ride.

~Brittany Hall

No comments: