Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's NOT Lupus.

Season 5 of Fox's "House" premiered last Tuesday--finally!

Since this show premiered a few years back, I've been hooked, owning every season and seeing every last episode. It was a chance meeting for me and the first episode of Season 1 back in 2005, premiering after "American Idol". Honestly, I was too lazy to change the channel. I ended up completely enthralled by the brand-new medical drama.

I am not much of a T.V. person, and am not easily impressed by the new reality shows that seem to pop up every time I blink. Because of this, "House" was more than successful at capturing my undivided attention! "House"'s characters are deep, complex, and interesting. The plot thickens with professional and sexual tension with each passing episode.

What makes the show truly unique is its main character, Dr. Gregory House. The reclusive, bitter Vicodin addict is not exactly what you'd call a ray of sunshine. In this case, it's not that his bark is worse than his bite, but more so that his bark is his bite. Whatever House utters is the truth (to him at least), and his colleagues decide to either take it or leave it. Actor Hugh Laurie perfectly portrays Dr. House, who is capable of being compelling, sarcastic, intelligent, and appalling all at once. Still and all, it is these flaws that keep everyone coming back for more (and more...and...more).

"House" airs Tuesday nights on FOX at 7 pm. If I were you, I'd give it a whirl.

-Rebecca Koons

No comments: