Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Handler may be one of my favorite people ever. Her show, Chelsea Lately, is a late night talk show on E! Her show is different than the typical late night shows. Sure, she's comedic but she does it in a sarcastic tone that is hilarious. At the beginning of her show, Chelsea and three other comedians sit at the round table and discuss celebrity gossip. After two round tables, Chelsea interviews a guest-- not caring what she asks. She's been known to ask questions like "Why couldn't you guys have pretended to be virgins?" and "What's that in your hair?"

The show wouldn't be the same without Chelsea's assistant, Chuy. She often refers to him as her "little nugget" due to his height. My favorite conversation between Chelsea and Chuy-- which just happened a few days ago actually-- goes as follows.

Chelsea: You're pretty healthy for a little nugget.
Chuy: They're called Flintstone vitamins, bitch.


Oh, Chuy.

Along with Chelsea's talk show, she's an author. Her first two books were on the New York Times best sellers list. My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands is her memoir. While Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea is a collection of-- what else-- humorous essays. I think what makes me love Chelsea's writing the most is her blunt delivery. Note: I've read both of these books, and both had me laughing out loud, giving me one of the best ab workouts I've ever had. Thank you, Chelsea, for helping me tone my body.

Her third book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, is set to release on March 9, 2010, and needless to say, it can't come soon enough. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang will be another collection of her essay's (that I'm sure are guaranteed to make your cheeks hurts). Such personal stories include discovering "The Feeling" during a sleepover and dealing with her sister who is a bit "off"-- which to Chelsea, means she's Mormon.

If you don't feel like picking up any of her books, get a preview of her in Cosmo. Chelsea recently began writing her own column "Are You There, Chelsea?" in Cosmopolitan magazine. It's just as great as her books; just pint sized.
--Josie Jones

No comments: