Monday, April 7, 2008

Mariah: Touching Bodies...and Souls

Mariah Carey is back three years after the release of her last studio album "The Emmancipation of Mimi." Oh, she certainly is.

I caught her "Touch My Body" video on youtube.com yesterday because I heard Kenneth, from TV's 30 Rock, stole the show — hard to do when Mariah, obviously wearing nearly nothing for most of the video, actually has a great voice. Yeah, I said it.

The music video is nothing short of ridiculous, but I love it. And I am 100% surprised that Mariah would invite Kenneth into her bedroom and completely understand why she included a unicorn. The single has already hit #1 in the U.S.

For someone who just passed Elvis' ranking in number ones, and now only waits to surpass The Beatles, you think there'd be some better lyrics than these:

If there's a camera up in here
Then it's gonna leave with me
When I do (I do)
If there's a camera up in here
Then I'd best not catch this flick
On YouTube (YouTube)
'Cause if you run your mouth and brag
About this secret rendezvous
I will hunt you down
'Cause they be all up in my business
Like a Wendy interview
But this is private
Between you and I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ISECfO9hNc

Grant it, no one has ever been this blunt, and probably brilliant because of it. Clearly this is true as I just listened to the song (from the anticipated "E=MC² ") twice in a row. I can't stop the Mariah Madness. The rest of the album arrives April 15.

-Brigid

No comments: