Monday, March 10, 2008

i'm an empty grocery sack!

I've always hated "Garfield." I find it one-note and boring, and pretty much every time I open my comics section and see it, I feel a jolt of rage that God has allowed it to last, while "Calvin and Hobbes" fades farther and farther into the past.

That said, meet my newest obsession: garfield minus garfield. It's pretty self-explanatory, but here's an example:


As the website's description says, "Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life?"

Now I only wish that some newspaper would be brave enough to run this version of Jim Davis's strip.



-Anna, who relates to Jon Arbuckle a little bit more than she'd like to talk about.

2 comments:

sue said...

LOVE IT.

Jon Gold said...

That's like the most depressing thing I've ever seen.