Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Here She Goes Again!

...as if we couldn't get enough of Paris Hilton.

From hit reality show "The Simple Life" to a video which will forever live in celebutante infamy, Paris Hilton has had her share of professional and personal ups and downs. There have been a few occasions over the last few years where I've racked my brain trying to figure out just why Ms. Hilton is as well-known as she has become. To this day...I've got nothin'. It's the "Big Bang Theory" of Tinseltown.

No matter how she did it, there's no doubt she has the attention of a generous portion of the American public. Their fascination is inexplicable. Perhaps they wonder, "What exactly is it like to be Paris?" MTV is giving 18 men and women the chance to find out in the new reality series "Paris Hilton's My New BFF".

Much to my boyfriend's chagrin, I felt more than compelled to at least have one look-see at the show. To be honest, I wasn't at all shocked with what I saw--aside from the fact that Paris communicates with her BFF hopefuls via Blackberrys she so lovingly bestowed upon each of them. Yeah, I'm sliiightly jealous (which is sliiightly embarrassing to admit).

I suppose my first impression of "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" is that of a platonic version of "Rock of Love", "Flavor of Love", "I Love New York", etc. with benefits: free clothes, priceless jewelry, and the momentary trust and kindness of Paris herself...if you're worthy.

"Would you die for Paris?"
"DIE?!?"



-Rebecca Koons

No comments: