Monday, November 3, 2008

A dream come true (for me, at least)

For the last few years, CMT occasionally runs a special called "Crossroads", in which they feature concerts which combine a famous country act with a more legendary rock/pop artist. The concept has actually proven quite successful, as Bon Jovi practically launched a full-fledged country music career out of it (much to my annoyance).

I was shocked to see that my favorite rock band (favorite band in general) Def Leppard would be pairing up with 18 year-old country phenom Taylor Swift (a fave at the moment) for the next installment of "Crossroads." Actually, I was a bit apprehensive, because these two artists seemed so vastly different that any sort of group effort would prove futile. However, I caught a preview of the show, premiering on Friday, and was pleasantly surprised by how well Swift and DL gel together.



I was also equally amused by the fact that Taylor Swift's drummer displayed a kick-drum skin that was similar to that of Leppard drummer Rick Allen. But that's just me being a total Def Leppard nerd...

Apparently, Swift has been a fan of the boys from Britain for as long as she can remember, and their first meeting was virtually free of any tension or jitters.

Lucky dog.

No comments: