Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scared Freshman

Yes, I am a freshman. 

You may not be able to tell when I inconspicuously just stop walking and act like I am taking something out of my bag. The truth is that I have realized that I am going in the wrong direction and need to turn around. 

You may not be able to tell when I am leading my friends along to class. The truth is that I just saw the map and lucked out. 

You may not be able to tell when I am running confidently around campus for a tough work out. The truth is that I had no idea where I was going, and I felt sick afterwards. Note to self: running in new settings means you run longer. 

You may not be able to tell when I walk around the mall pretending to window shop. The truth is that I could not find Beat the Bookstore and was in a desperate search. 

You may not be able to tell when I casually step in a really long line to Panchero's. The truth is that I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I eventually learned that there were $1 burritos. I do not like burritos. 

I know it is hard to believe that I am a freshman with my crafty techniques. Or maybe, you can easily spot me? Maybe I just look like an idiot trying to cover it up? I guess I won't know until I am a senior. 

-Sarah Larson

No comments: