Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All I Want for Christmas is a Nice Jewish Boy...

So, I think it's time I'm honest with the entire Arts staff, and anyone else reading this blog. While my heart will always belong to Jim Halpert, I've been harboring some seriously less-than-kosher feelings for someone else...




Yes, Andy Samberg. I'm an SNL purist, and the recent seasons have been grating on my die-hard love for the show, but I'll be damned if Samberg doesn't bring it EVERY TIME. He's a more adorable/less annoying Jimmy Fallon (not that I didn't also possess DEEP feelings for Mr. Fallon). His digital shorts (which he writes with Lonely Island buddies Akiva Schaffer and almost-as-cute Jorma Taccone) are the highlight of every Saturday's broadcast. He brings a youthful touch to an aging show. He's the silly in a sarcasm sandwich, and I love him for it. Though he hasn't been a member of the cast for long (relatively), Samberg has already made a significant contribution, and has made SNL bearable (along with Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler, who never miss in my book).

Don't believe me? Judge for yourself...

Here's one for you Zac Efron fans.

*Oh, and I know we here at the Arts Blog are pro WGA in the Writers' Strike, but I'm going to post Samberg clips anyway. I think since he's a writer/performer, my karma's clean.

This may be in poor taste, but it's an OC parody. And I love Imogen Heap. And Shia LeBeouf. He's decently hot too, definitely good for a third-base makeout (can I write that?).



This little gem won an Emmy. I love any excuse for Justin Timberlake, the word "dick," Andy Samberg, and Kwanzaa (my favorite holiday) to be united. And I'm especially fond of the early '90s vibe with the suits and facial hair.


Unfortunately I just have to link to the rest of these because they're on NBC.com

Jake Gyllenhaal+Adam Levine+Andy Samberg+embattled Iranian President in NYC= Comic gold.


http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/index.shtml#mea=169811

One of my favorite actresses, and a cameo by super-cute SNL head writer Seth Meyers. Let the shock wash over you.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/index.shtml#mea=2922


Finally, this is the video that started it all. Double True.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/index.shtml#mea=2921

-Meryn

1 comment:

Jon Gold said...

"Step one: cut a hole in the box..."