Tuesday, December 4, 2007


It's been almost six months since the release of
Wild Hope, Moore's latest album. Coverage, her album before that, was released in 2003. Will it be four more years til her next release?

Call me crazy, but I happen to like Moore and her music. Sure, there was the two-year period where she dated Andy Roddick and I disliked her, but that was just jealousy. Even as a young girl she had a phenomenal, strong, soulful voice. I first fell in love with her after viewing A Walk to Remember, in which she played Jamie Sullivan, a teenage girl dying of cancer. And since then I've been hooked. Whether it be movies (my favorites being Chasing Liberty, How to Deal, and Because I Said So), music, or her clothing line Mblem, I just can't get enough of her.

And, unfortunately there's never much press coverage of her. I suppose in the realm of today's paparazzi that's a good thing, since all the photographers and reporters seem to gossip about are celebrity's negative qualities. So props to her for being one of the few celebrities that have managed to stay in the limelight. They do say any press is good press though. I hope her lack of coverage doesn't hurt her career. I'd be sad to see such a fine singer, songwriter, and actress fade away.

I want more Moore!

http://www.mandymoore.com/

-Lauren Matovina

No comments: