Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I want you to know that I miss you.

Anna's right: I have never listened to Neutral Milk Hotel in my entire life (the earlier reference was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but apparently failed miserably).

Instead I will continue to out myself as a total loser (and also maybe a 14-year-old angst-ridden male). Finch, one of my favorite bands in high school, just announced a reunion tour. Excitement abounds, I know.

Things that intrigue me about Finch:
- babies suspended in ice cubes from CD art for What It Is To Burn
- a song about telling someone you love them ("Three Simple Words") turns into a murder anthem
- the music sounds infinitely better the louder it gets
- and yeah, that's about it, unless you include jumping around my apartment when my roommates aren't home

Even if you think you've never heard of Finch, it's likely "Letters to You" was inflicted upon you by some radio station in the late 2002's and you just don't remember. The band went on indefinite hiatus (i.e. broke up) after no one cared about 2005's Say Hello To Sunshine (including me).



2008 tour dates are as follows:
1/13 San Francisco, CA - Slims
1/15 Sacramento, CA- The Boardwalk
1/17 Seattle, WA - EL Coraza
1/18 Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
1/21 Salt Lake City, UT - Avalon Theater
1/22 Las Vegas, NA - Jillians
1/23 Tempe, Arizona - Marquee Theatre
1/24 San Diego, CA - Soma
2/01 TBA, NY - (East Coast/Midwest tour coming soon)

Question: Who wants to jump around in the mosh pit with me as soon as the Midwest dates are announced?

- Susan

No comments: