Wednesday, December 12, 2007

World's Best Boss(es)

I have to say, as it comes to the end of the semester, I've been so lucky to work at The Daily Iowan. The self-doubt, sleepless nights, and constant nagging insecurities that plagued me this semester are no doubt a symptom of this job.

In all honesty, I couldn't have asked for a better first semester at the DI, or a better group of people to share it with. So, in honor of the two people who took a chance on hiring a chesty girl with no experience, I'd like to dedicate these two songs to my editors.

This one is for Boss Susan, not to be confused with Pal Susan:


(Let's face it, anyone who has talked to this girl about music for more that thirty seconds knows she's never listened to Neutral Milk Hotel.)

This one is for Paul Sorenson. No explanation necessary, trust me.

2 comments:

sue said...

Thanks?

Not every Arts and Culture reporter gets to see "Pal" Susan (even though I claim that is non-existent, I can only imagine you equate that with intoxicated Susan?)

Wait. Wine and Cheese. (oops).

Oh well. I love you too.
Susan

sorensonpaul said...

There really isn't anything in that song that doesn't describe me. I gots my grillz in more places than that too. Just don't ask to see my gold plated hair. It's too hot to touch.